ATV4 iTunes Movies "Item not available"

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by HiRez, Feb 21, 2016.

1. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I have 215 purchased iTunes movies, but today I can't play about 85% of them. They show a blank thumbnail in the list and when I select one I get the message "Item not available. The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

Anyone else getting this? I've rebooted, I'm logged into my AppleID account, I have a fast wired connection (Netflix and HBO Go play on the same box), and I can play these same "missing" movies from my phone, on the same internet connection.

2. benjitek macrumors 6502a

benjitek

Hasn't happened to me. Maybe reset your ATV4 as "new" or call AppleCare...?

3. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Start the phone calls man. Had this happen last year over the holidays no less and pissed me off to no end. I could access them on the iPad, but nothing on the ATV. Some kind of authorization issue that magically cleared up after a month.

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Same here for all my movies. Fixed itself after a while.

-Kevin

5. -Gonzo- macrumors regular

Had similar over the weekend on ATV3.
    Could see purchased but would not show the main page, just had a message saying not available in the UK store.

6. 2010mini macrumors 68040

Sometimes this happens when the distributor of a movie changes. What you can try to do is open iTunes. Go to purchases and look for hidden items. Sometimes they mysteriously get moved to that section. I know this has happened to me in the past.

7. ajforbes20 macrumors regular

ajforbes20

8. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

All my movies are showing again. Apple was also have issues with Disney movies from redeems/purchases outside of iTunes not showing this weekend. That seems to have been fixed.

-Kevin

9. HiRez thread starter macrumors 603

HiRez

This morning I checked and they magically all re-appeared. So just some kind of authorization glitch I guess. Never happened before so it kind of freaked me out and it still makes me nervous that this kind of thing can happen, but seems to be back to normal for now. Thanks guys.

10. anopy1 macrumors member

This has been happening to me intermittently. The first few rows of movies show up and are available but only random movies show up on the following rows. The rest are blank thumbnails and I get the same message. It's pretty frustrating.

11. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

They also have a double copy issue with Tarzan and Hercules. Both show up twice in iTunes and Hercules shows up twice in Amazon. I did some research and a lot of people report the same thing about these two titles. Disney can't figure it out nor can Apple or Amazon. I think there are two files in the servers with duplicate codes so when Disney authorizes you to have it it pulls up both. One has iTunes extras and the duplicate is just the movie. It's totally weird.