Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

myname70

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 5, 2014
Guys, I have two ATV4 in two rooms with their own remote controls. But I mentioned that when using one remote to control my ATV4 number one, it controls and ATV4 number two in the other room is there anyway to have one remote to be paired and control only one ATV4 ?

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
they should only control one at a time.
i only have one aTV4, so can't check, but go into settings -> remotes -> bluetooth, make sure there's only one listed, see if you can remove one if you do.

MacFanBoi

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2009
That's strange because I have 2 atv4 in rooms right next to each other and the remotes only control 1 atv4.

What waw74 said is about the only thing I can think of that might cause the problem your having.

priitv8

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2011
Estonia
Excerpt From: Apple Inc. “Apple TV User Guide.” iBooks. https://itun.es/us/-zlM-.l

Connect the Siri Remote to Apple TV
The Siri Remote comes automatically paired to your Apple TV. If it disconnects or you get a replacement remote, you’ll need to manually pair it to Apple TV.

You can pair the Siri Remote with only one Apple TV at a time. When you pair a remote, any other paired remote is automatically unpaired.

Pair the Siri Remote with Apple TV. Turn on Apple TV and position the Siri Remote so it’s within 3 to 4 inches (8 to 10 cm) and pointing at the front of Apple TV. Then press and hold the button and the Up button for 2 seconds. When the Siri Remote is successfully paired, an onscreen message appears.”

eneisch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2008
I have two Apple TV 4s in my L-shaped studio apartment (one in the "living room" area and one in the "bedroom" area). The remote for each one only controls it's respective ATV4 except that pressing a button on the living room remote also wakes the bedroom ATV4 from sleep. The bedroom ATV4 remote does not wake the living room ATV4. I have conjectured that this is because when I point my living room remote at the living room ATV4, it is in line of sight with the bedroom ATV4. Using the remote in the bedroom is not in line of sight of the living room ATV4 and it does not wake from sleep. I wonder if the ATV4 is using IR to wake the units rather than, or in addition to, bluetooth?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.