ATV4 opens to speaker selection screen

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by crawdad62, Oct 23, 2017.

1. crawdad62 macrumors regular

crawdad62

I have 3 Apple TV 4’s. One of them starts up with a screen that show a selection of available speakers I can choose (basically the other ATV’s in the house). The other two open right to the home screen which is what I want. I went through all the settings and I don’t see anything that might do away with having to select the audio output every time. I can go to Settings->Video & Audio->Audio Output and it’s shows the proper setting. Any ideas?

2. canyonblue737 macrumors 65816

You are using a Harmony remote I bet. When tvOS 11.0 sleeps and then is woken by the menu button on Harmony it "long presses" which causes that screen to pop up, this is different behavior than before. I think there is a solution somewhere online to change how the Harmony behaves but I haven't explored further. It won't happen if you wake up the AppleTV with its own remote, your phone, or just prevent it from sleeping.

3. Robnsn2015 macrumors 6502

I'm having the same problem and I have a Harmony remote. I'll disable the sleep function and see what happens.

4. crawdad62 thread starter macrumors regular

crawdad62

I do indeed use a Harmony remote. Interesting. I use them on all the tv’s but they’re all different models so it must be something specific to this remote. Heck I even tried to add a command to home on the remote but it didn’t work. I have to dig around and see what I can find out. Thanks for the heads up canyonblue!

5. az431 macrumors 65816

az431

Has anyone been able to fix this behavior with the Harmony remote?