ATV4 Siri Remote where is 1x - 2x - 4x fast forward?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by golfgirlgolf, Dec 28, 2016.

1. golfgirlgolf macrumors member

golfgirlgolf

Californian living on the other West Coast (FL)
    While the new remote has some cool features - it seems to be completely missing the very most basic thing a remote should have - Fast Forward/Fast Play mode. Either that - or were missing how to do it.

Yes one can jump forward or back - or scrub to different spots quickly - but how does one just seamlessly play movie/video footage at a slightly faster than normal speed. 1x, 2x, 4x, 10x etc? Not jumping all around crazy - but actually playing it all smoothly without missing one frame.

Can't figure this out and no one seems to be talking about it...

2. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

We just got a new AppleTV 4 and I was wondering the same thing. I thought I found something yesterday but then wasn't sure what i did and couldn't replicate it.

I did like that method in the old ATV.

*I am hoping an answer is given, that's also why i commented to get a notification

3. roidy, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016

roidy macrumors 6502a

If you click and hold either Left or Right on the track pad you can also do some crazy x20 or x32 fast-forward and rewinding, not sure of the exact speed, but it's very fast and not much use.

You can do variable speed fast forward and rewind from the Remote App on an iPad or iPhone, not the best solution but hey it's Apple, why give people a useful common feature on the device's actual remote when they can just get people to buy an extra device to do it :rolleyes:

One of the biggest things I miss from the aTV2 and 3 is the ability to pause a video and slow forward and rewind it.... That and the fact you can't even purchase music on the aTV4 like you can on the old models is a massive step backwards.... Oh well this is Apple after all :(