Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Logan in LA

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2017
I love the ATV4K. It's a significant upgrade, in many ways, over the 3rd-gen ATV it replaced. I look forward to automatic resolution switching and (fingers crossed) the Amazon app--that will make it almost perfect, at least for me. But it drives me crazy that it's not alphabetizing things consistently. I have a large library of movies and TV shows in iTunes, so I spend a lot of time in the Computers app. Movies alphabetize correctly--skipping "A" or "The," for instance, so "A Room With a View" is under R and "The Incredibles" is under I. Not so for TV shows--"A Brief History of Disbelief" comes before "Absolutely Fabulous," and all the shows that start with "The" are grouped together in the Ts. It drives me a bit crazy. I sent a bug report to Apple, but (not surprisingly) have not heard from them. And yes, before anyone asks, I have the alphabetizing fields filled out correctly in iTunes.

If this is bothering anybody else, please file bug reports! If I'm just being weird, oh well...

pachuco4life

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2013
I had this problem. My problem was the Movie anywhere app. I set it to list alphabetically, which then set my iTunes purchases back to alphabetical order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.