Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaBayOOsa

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
so I downloaded audacity from the official website and opened and what not but I came across some problems I can't seem to find a way to record audio from my headphones..... and I can't find a way to stop it from recording sound from my mic.

how do I fix these two settings?

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
so I downloaded audacity from the official website and opened and what not but I came across some problems I can't seem to find a way to record audio from my headphones..... and I can't find a way to stop it from recording sound from my mic.

how do I fix these two settings?

What?

Headphones are a form of output, you can't record from them.

What are you trying to do?

BaBayOOsa

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
is there any possible way to record the sound coming from my headphones??? that's what I'm trying to achieve.

Young Spade

macrumors 68020
Mar 31, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
is there any possible way to record the sound coming from my headphones??? that's what I'm trying to achieve.

Sound goes to, not from the headphones. Think of the headphones as portable speakers.

What you wan tto do is record the sound coming from the computer TO the headphones. If you dont understand the concept you can't solve the problem.

With that said *opens audacity*

Open audacity and hit the red circle. It records sound coming into the microphone. Now if you want to record the actual sound itself, I'd suggest something like AudioHijack.

BaBayOOsa

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2010
so there is no way to record the audio my computer is producing. using audacity??

afd

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2005
Scotland
What about getting a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack stereo cable and linking from headphone socket to microphone socket, or is that what you've tried?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.