Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prycop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Since the 1.01 Apple Watch update I've had problems with bluetooth in my car.

One of two things happen when I enter the car with my iphone and apple watch
either:
My Apple Watch loses connection with the phone as the phone pairs with the car's bluetooth (about 80% of the time)
or
My phone doesn't pair with the car at all bit keeps a connection with the Watch.

The only way to resolve it is to switch the phone on and off and then the phone connects to both car and Watch.

This has only happened since the 1.01 software update.

Anyone else?

andrewpturko

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2012
I had the same issue in my car. Just had to repair the watch.

My Watch > Apple Watch > Unpair Apple Watch.

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Is your car an Audi too, or a different marque? Just wondering since I have an Audi (but no watch yet).

prycop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Will try it now and let you know how it goes!

Seems to have solved it.
Unpairing and pairing again took a long time - car seemed ok but I was pairing the phone and watch in the car so may have overridden the car's bluetooth - we'll see tomorrow with a more realistic scenario.

vegetassj4

macrumors 68000
Oct 16, 2014
Have had this happen in a 2011 Merc. Also have to sometimes manually connect to my bluetooth headset (Bose) as well

ant69

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
2015 Audi A4, mine works fine, watch paired with iphone and iphone paired with car. running 1.0.1

Ant

Reactions: prycop

versifiercsvt

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2014
2011 Chevy Equinox...

Car equipped with BT only for phone calls but not stereo. I worked around this with a BT adapter that's connected to the aux port of the radio which is nicely hidden in the center console.

iPhone is connected to Car BT, and my watch and the BT adapter all at the same time with no issues.

prycop

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 2, 2010
Just to confirm that pairing and unpairing watch with phone seems to work.
Both apple watch and car connected with the car over bluetooth on several journeys today without issues - thanks for the tip.

Car is Audi A4 2014 by the way.

srshaw

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
No problem with my Audi A4. Calls comes through car bluetooth, notifications through watch. Interestingly the watch doesn't display the incoming caller, but since the car does I'm not too worried about that.

I've only used my watch from 1.01 so maybe it was the upgrade that did something.

Twyntub

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2007
No problem with my Audi A4. Calls comes through car bluetooth, notifications through watch. Interestingly the watch doesn't display the incoming caller, but since the car does I'm not too worried about that.

I've only used my watch from 1.01 so maybe it was the upgrade that did something.

Ditto with a 2014 Pug. Seamless on both 1.0 and 1.01. Phone knows where to route the calls (car) and notifications (wrist).

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
My watch arrived at last and I've had a chance to use it with my car now. Initiated a call on the watch using Siri, it fed straight to the car Bluetooth. Worked perfectly. My watch is on 1.0.1.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Just to confirm that pairing and unpairing watch with phone seems to work.
Both apple watch and car connected with the car over bluetooth on several journeys today without issues - thanks for the tip.

Car is Audi A4 2014 by the way.

Glad that worked. Repairing after the update likely set it up so it will work with out a problem now.

Enjoy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.