Audible - Finally

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by ScubaCinci, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

I saw that Audible has an update for their app where you can now listen via the Apple Watch which is awesome and a long time coming. I know a lot of people have been waiting for it. I listen to audio books when walking/running and having to carry the phone for that is a drag (almost literally). I have not tried it out yet (currently listening to a library book on Overdrive) but looking forward to it.

2. lsbuffs macrumors regular

Agree, this is great news. I enjoy listening to audiobooks when I run and can now do so without carrying my phone. I tried the app out yesterday and seems pretty well done. I like how it shows the progress in transferring the audiobook to the watch, something you don't get when loading podcasts. I find it frustrating that to load podcasts you have to have it on the charger and it just seems to load whenever it feels like it, with no progress visible.

Only issue I have, and maybe I just haven't set it up right, is that that my progress in the book isn't retained when I transfer to the Apple Watch. For example, last night I transferred a book that I'm nearly done with on the iPhone to the Apple Watch. When I play it on the watch, it starts from the beginning.

I'll look into further to see if there's some sync setting that I'm missing.

3. ScubaCinci thread starter macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Oh, that kinda sucks...hopefully that gets worked out. Thanks for the heads up.

4. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Awesome news! So glad to see this is happening as I've been emailing them for a while about this feature. Thanks for letting us know!

5. rjyoungSD macrumors newbie

Yup, I'm having the same experience. No sync between watch and phone.

6. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I had to go to the audible app itself to update - it was not in my general app update list

7. artfossil macrumors 65816

artfossil

The first time I synced an Audible book to my Watch, I had to manually find my place on the Watch. (Although admittedly that may be because I was so impatient to start using it.) However, since then--and I am on my third Audible book on my Watch, the Watch is always in sync with Audible on my iPhone.

I am thrilled to have this app on my Watch and to be able to listen to an audiobook without my phone.

8. lparsons21 macrumors 6502

lparsons21

I’m glad this app is there and works so well. I am on a trial run with it now and it works very well. Probably won’t keep the subscription as I think the service is overpriced for what you get.

I’m using Scribd and it offers me more for less money. Alas, there is no Watch app for it.