Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnpc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
What I want to do is use basic video effects, much like those found on photobooth, during a webcam chat on Skype. Back when I used my PC, I was able to easily change things like the contrast, gamma, etc. during video conversations. Essentially I would like to know how I can do that (and hopefully more?) on my new macbook pro.

Also, my friends skyping me have been showing off their ability to mask their voices on skype, so when they talk their voices are much deeper. I find this highly entertaining, but when I asked how this was achieved, they said they couldn't begin to tell me how on a mac. Can you?

johnpc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
I found an application called iGlasses that allows you to edit your webcam's video settings (brightness, etc) while running other programs such as iChat, Skype, iMovie, Photo Booth and anything else.

Still nothing on the audio masking though. I've found plenty windows compatible programs that can make you sound like Darth Vader, helium breath, and more. Does this not yet exist for mac?

Also, although iGlasses is sufficient, it seems like it shouldn't be too much to ask to be able to use effects that I have on Photo Booth (Stretch, Comic Book, etc) to have some fun on Skype. Any support in my search would be appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.