Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corinnew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
New Jersey
So I've uploaded several audio books to my iPod. When I've finished listening to them i like to delete them. however, these books don't go quietly...or at all. It appears that the tracks have gone, but when I put my iPod onto "random" all of a suden, there are audio book tracks?!?

Anyone have this problem and/or know of a solution?
Thx.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
corinnew said:
So I've uploaded several audio books to my iPod. When I've finished listening to them i like to delete them. however, these books don't go quietly...or at all. It appears that the tracks have gone, but when I put my iPod onto "random" all of a suden, there are audio book tracks?!?

Anyone have this problem and/or know of a solution?
Thx.
Smart Playlists are your friends here. I bought my iPod to listen to audiobooks, but rediscovered my music CDs in the process. Create a Smart Playlist of "Genre" is "Audiobook" and "Play Count" is "0" and sync that to your iPod instead of letting it do your whole library automatically.

Aslo don't forget to check the "Skip when Shuffling" checkbox under Get Info Options if you are making your own audiobooks or downloading them from sources other than iTMS.

B

corinnew

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
New Jersey
thanks. this will help with the new books I add.

but do you knkow how to delete these "phantom" tracks? At this point I can't even find them on the ipod or in itunes to delete them. Oh-but they're there!

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
corinnew said:
thanks. this will help with the new books I add.

but do you knkow how to delete these "phantom" tracks? At this point I can't even find them on the ipod or in itunes to delete them. Oh-but they're there!
Not individually. I presume you could always use the iPod updater to "restore" your iPod and do a new sync.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.