Audio bugs with 4.1 firmware?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by greg555, Oct 12, 2010.

1. greg555 macrumors 6502a

After I updated my 3rd gen iPod touch I noticed, when playing music in the car, that a few seconds after the song changes the screen backlight comes on for a few seconds. It never did that with the old firmware.

My new 4G touch does the same thing. I've also noticed a more serious bug. I usually remove the iPod from my car and then use it for other things (web, games etc.). When I go back into my car I plug into the headphone jack then double click the home button. The playback controls come on and I press play to continue the song I was on. Often the music starts playing for a couple of seconds then it stops (it wasn't at the end of the song) and the next song starts.

The backlight "bug" I could almost believe was intentional, though why it comes on a few seconds after the song change is a mystery. But I don't see why the second one is anything other than a bug.

Does anyone else have these problems on a 4G or 3G with 4.1?

Thanks - Greg

2. laplantalcon macrumors newbie

Apple has just released iPhone 4.1 firmware update for iPhone 4 3GS 3G and iPod Touch 3G 2G while iPod Touch 4G is being shipped with 4.1 update preinstalled. iPhone 4.1 beta was revealed months ago and it has progressed through different stages.

3. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I have a 3rd Gen Ipod Touch 64gb running 4.0.2 and have the same issue with the backlighting coming on for each song for a few seconds. I checked all of my settings and couldn't find anything to make it stop. I'm going to load 4.1 tonight and was hoping it would stop this issue or at least give the opportunity to stop it.

4. greg555 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Another bug I've noticed (not audio though) is that the brightness is inconsistent. Sometimes when I turn on my iPod and the screen is very bright, then I swipe to unlock and it gets dimmer. It almost seems that they forget to check what the brightness is set to until you unlock.

Greg

5. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

That's probably the auto brightness.