Audio CD Reading & Burning Errors

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Lov34music, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Lov34music macrumors newbie

I have a 2006 Generation Macbook.
    Recently I have had problems with the computer reading audio CDs and burning audio CDs. The DVD player still reads DVDs, and I have visited the Genius Bar at the Mac Store with no help.

The audio CDs sometimes take 5 or 6 times to show up on the desktop, and iTunes will not rip them. When burning audio CDs I get a Medium Write Error regardless of the program I use when burning...I have tried iTunes and Toast 9 Titanium. I have also uninstalled iTunes and reinstalled it but still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

What did they tell you at the Genius Bar, if it's an obvious issue they will normally just send it out...Do you have applecare?

I would call applecare instead of going to the genius bar, especially if you have applecare.

If you do have applecare and they can determine a fault they will send you an empty box, you will drop your laptop in and take it to the nearest DHL(usually) dropoff or schedule a pickup w/ DHL and you'll have it back in a week with a new drive.

3. Lov34music thread starter macrumors newbie

At the Genius bar they reset my battery because it wasn't holding a charge. They put in a blank cd-r and a DVD and the desktop read both so they figured the problem was fixed.

I don't have applecare, and I'm no longer under warranty, but thanks for the tip!
    I will give them a call and see what they suggest.