Audio CD stuck in cd drive

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by alielizadubois, Aug 13, 2007.

1. alielizadubois macrumors member

I was playing an audio cd in my macbook when I decided I wanted to import it to Itunes. The import was taking a while, so I quit I tunes, and ejected the CD. Well, the CD did not eject, and now the computer isn't recognizing the audio cd, so the eject option is not available. I restarted, and that didn't help.

I have been considering bringing my computer into an apple store because I've been having kernel panics (I know, I probably sound like an idiot owner -- kernel panics and stuck cd!!!). Should I just bring it in and see what they can do, or is there another way to get a stuck cd out??

2. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

restart, hold the mouse button down on boot-up. that spits it out.

3. alielizadubois thread starter macrumors member

Thank you!!! It worked!

You all are a wealth of information... how do you know so much??

Also,
    should I be wary of playing this cd again, or was it just my mistake with the forcequit of Itunes etc.??

4. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

hehe, i´m sure one day someone will ask you the same thing ;) the mouse trick i learned during the days of the 1.4mb floppy, at a party… the only thing i can remember from that night.

i wouldn´t worry about using the cd again.

btw: does your panics happen on certain occasions or randomly?

5. alielizadubois thread starter macrumors member

well, it seems as if the panics happen when I am browsing the net (thats what I do, mostly).

I have had this machine since february, and have had 3-4 panics. This concerns me.

6. Belly-laughs macrumors 6502a

Belly-laughs

i sometimes have issues too browsing the net, especially with certain news pages with lots of ads picking up data from external servers.

try clearing the cache files, see if it helps. i use onyx.