Audio CD to MP3 without iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lovesupreme, Jun 19, 2009.

1. lovesupreme macrumors newbie

I'm sure this has been asked before, but my searches only bring up the opposite.

What app on a mac can you use to convert an Audio CD to MP3 files without iTunes? I don't need this functionality too often, but it does come up. It's such a pain to have to import a cd into iTunes just to make them mp3s. Mostly, they are CDs that I don't want in my library, like last nights rehearsal, but I need to be able to convert to mp3 quickly to distribute on peoples flash drives. Any ideas?

Thanks.

2. Fishrrman macrumors G3

RE: Audio CD to MP3 without iTunes

"What app on a mac can you use to convert an Audio CD to MP3 files without iTunes?"

You could try either:
    "QTAmateur"
    or
    "MP3 Converter"

I haven't yet tried MP3 Converter, but I've found QTAmateur to be a very handy and useful tool to have around. I've set up my defaults so that it launches on all mp3 and sound files.

- John

3. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

My app of choice for this is Max. Simple to use and supports a number of formats. Some people recommend XLD (X Lossless Decoder) as well, but I've never used it myself and doesn't look as friendly as Max.

4. lovesupreme thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll try them all out.

rhett7660, I answered your css question in your other post today. Perhaps you can now forgive me.