Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AshleyPomeroy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2018
England
I have a 2003 dual-processor 2ghz model. The sound chip is a Texas Instruments TAS3004 and the S/PDIF I/O chip is a Crystal Semiconductor CS84xx. Lord knows where you would get drivers.

Can I just add to the chorus here - I absolutely hate it when people ask questions about PowerPC Macintoshes on the PowerPC Macintosh forum. It's a massive breach of etiquette.

• Haha
Reactions: 1042686

bunnspecial

macrumors G3
May 3, 2014
Kentucky
Can I just add to the chorus here - I absolutely hate it when people ask questions about PowerPC Macintoshes on the PowerPC Macintosh forum. It's a massive breach of etiquette.

Asking questions about PPC Macs on the PPC forum is never a problem.

Asking a question without sufficient detail to answer the question frustrates people to no end. Even though Linux and other alternative OSs are gaining traction, I'd dare say most of us are still using either Macintosh OS or OS X on our computers(and particularly OS 9.x and OS X 10.4 and 10.5 depending on the specific computer). Obviously, someone asking about a G5 can be REASONABLY assumed to be running some sort of *nix operating system(whether OS X, Linux, or something else) but still that information is important.

There is a lot of Linux knowledge on here, but there are also a lot of Linux distros. Asking a question like this and not even saying you're using Linux, much less saying the distro and version, is really answering in the dark.

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2016
You're probably reading my post cross-eyed if you managed to get that out of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.