Resolved Audio: Controlling each stereo channel?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by El Awesome, Dec 22, 2012.

1. El Awesome, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2012

El Awesome macrumors 6502

El Awesome

Hey guys,

I have an audio setup for my room where I sit directly next to one of the speakers (30cm) while the other is in the corner about 2m away.
    Obviously, I mainly hear the one next to me, which is not really stereo - not all.
    Do I have any possibility to manually turn down this speaker until I hear both of them good?

I have a really powerful hi-fi setup, and I can reach 100dB in my room with the amp and the Mac only 50% turned up, so I really don't care if I loose some power.

Moving the other speaker or my desk is simply no option because I don't have any room left elsewhere.

I found the software EQ in iTunes, but that one is iTunes-only and doesen't even let me access the l/r channels from the stereo. Neither my amp can do that, it's just a powerful tube amplifier with some JBLs connected (sounds really nice..)

I know that OS X knows how to deal with stereo, because e.g. when you send an email, you have the tone going from left to right.

Thanks in advance!

2. El Awesome thread starter macrumors 6502

El Awesome

Thanks for this helpful answer </irony>.
    I love my Marshall Major Headphones (they leave Beats way behind), but listening to a good stereo is just not comparable to headphones.

3. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Your tiny listening room doesn't seem ideal for music. Generally good headphones will outperform most small speaker setups.

edit: yes there's a balance control in System Preferences / Audio / Output

4. El Awesome thread starter macrumors 6502

El Awesome

Generally they will, yes, but I don't have a small speaker setup... otherwise I wouldn't do that hassle.

edit: lol WTF I found it.
    Thanks. I'm a retard.