Audio Conversion???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kashmoney2006, Dec 17, 2007.

1. kashmoney2006 macrumors regular

So what I wanted to do is convert all of my music in itunes into the 128kbps AAC that itunes supports but the thing about that is I would have to go back and delete all of the old files as i dont think itunes will delete them for me. Does anybody know of a free program that will do this for me? Convert all my music and delete the old music??

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What file formats are your old music in? If they're MP3, no need to convert, as with many other formats.

3. kashmoney2006 thread starter macrumors regular

Most are mp3 but at different bit rates. I wanted to convert it all down to smaller bit rate (128) AAC so i could fit more in an iphone when i get mine. Why would i not need to convert if its mp3???

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

iTunes can handle many file formats including MP3, AIFF, unprotected WMP (on PCs) etc.

I wouldn't downsample personally — the audio will lose quality — but if capacity is an issue and you've got the MP3s archived somewhere else, then go ahead.

5. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

iTunes will convert the mp3 to AAC. Just make sure you import settings in your perferences say AAC.