'Audio' Converted to 'Other' on iPod Touch 2g - Help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sr. Panza, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Sr. Panza macrumors newbie

Sr. Panza

Hello The Mac People. I searched for an answer to my issue but didn't find any results so I would greatly appreciate any help anyone could offer me. I have iTunes 8 (version 8.2.0.23) and a 32gig iPod Touch 2g (version 2.2.1). And so...

Last night I transferred a song I downloaded from a band's site onto my iPod. When I went to listen to it on my iPod I noticed it was the ONLY song there. All of my other music seems to be wiped out. The thing is when I click on my iPod in iTunes it shows that the 25+ gigs that should be 'Audio' are now 'Other' on the memory bar on the bottom.

I don't think I did anything different than what I normally do when transferring music onto my iPod. Does anyone know how or why this happened? And more importantly...how do I FIX it short of deleting everything on my iPod and transferring everything back over?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks...

- Sr. Panza

2. magicdanw macrumors newbie

I had this problem once with OS 2.2.1. A full restore and re-sync fixed it, and it hasn't happened since. I don't know of any other way to reliably fix the problem, especially without jailbreaking your device and mucking around in the file system.

3. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

i had this same thing happen to me. i have an 8 gb 1G iPod Touch though. i just restored it

4. Sr. Panza thread starter macrumors newbie

Sr. Panza

Thanks...

Ok guys, thanks. I was afraid that that would be the answer but I guess it's a good way to kill time. :) I appreciate the help.

- Sr. Panza