Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
Hey guys, first post in the Digital Audio Forum!
I've been a longtime supporter of FLAC and other lossless formats, so it was quite natural to back up all of my 2200 songs as ALAC for archive purposes. However, the file size of lossless formats are, as you know, ridiculous to fit on an iPhone.
So, while I was on Windows, I used f2k to do an ABX Comparator blind test on MP3 file types. I concluded that VBR V0 was the best.
But now I've completely switched to a Mac. dbpoweramp was the golden standard for audio conversion on PCs. Now, I need a audio converter able to convert between practically any file type. Any suggestions?

Also, for FLAC - ALAC, I have downloaded X Lossless Decoder. However, I still need a converter for V0 MP3.

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 18, 2010
XLD.

Also allow iTunes to downsample your Apple Lossless to 128kbs on your iPhone (the DACs are crap on it anyway).

Thanks! You made me look deeper into XLD. Turns out it's not a lossless-only converter, now I feel really dumb :O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.