Audio Duration In iMovie 11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ajamali, May 24, 2011.

1. ajamali macrumors member

So here is the deal. I come from Windows and I had no problem making a clip with just audio and a single image.

In iMovie 11 I cant figure out how to increase the duration of my audio file with just one image. When I insert the image, it's only 4 seconds long and my audio is about 15 minutes but it only plays 4 seconds with that image. I cant just drag the audio or image to make it longer.

It's very stupid to keep adding the same image which takes only 4 seconds over and over to make 15 minutes. This was so easy in Windows.

Any help is appreciated.

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

The music will only play for the duration of the clip, be it a photo or a movie clip.

To extend the time for a still photo, move the mouse over the photo and click on the gearwheel, then click on Clip Adjustments. It now depends on whether you have the "Display time as HH:MM:SS:Frames" option in iMovie Preferences ticked, as to how you set the time for the Clip Duration.

If you have it ticked and you want to set the time to 3 minutes, you need to enter 180.0 seconds or 3:00:00 minutes. If you don't have it ticked you can enter it as 180 or 3:00 minutes.

3. Bashar macrumors newbie

whatever i write i still keep getting 30:00 only which is 30 minutes

any other place i need to look to make it 57:28 like i need?

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

If it's for a still image like the OP, just do a copy and paste of the image.