Audio for Videotaping Weddings

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by highjumppudding, Jul 13, 2008.

1. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

I am videotaping a few weddings starting next month...

I have a Canon XH A1.

I was wondering what recommendations you could make regarding mic equipment and setups. I will be videotaping with a HV30 for some two-camera shoots.

Any recommendations would be great about gear, or even audio/video tips for the job!

Thanks!

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

for the vows, i'd recommend hiding a wireless lav near the bride and groom. unless you'll have a camera mic less than 5 feet away.

3. highjumppudding thread starter macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

additional questions

So far the feedback has been great!

I have a Canon XH A1 and an HV30 which I'll be using for dual camera wedding shoots.

If anyone has specific brand or model number recommendations for shotgun mics, video lights, etc please recommend. I am planning to purchase my equipment this weekend.

Wireless lav on the groom? What brand? UHF? VHF?

Also, any other video/audio input or input on wedding service in general would be great.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's been a few years since i did location sound work, but i always liked the Lectrosonics UHF ones.

i'm not necessarily saying to wire up the groom, since that may be uncomfortable (or embarrassing, later :) for him.

for the vows, if it were me, i'd plant a mic wherever the vows were going to be exchanged. arguably, that's the most important audio they'd want to capture.