Audio Hissing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by magicjames92, Sep 15, 2007.

1. magicjames92 macrumors regular

In the background there is a hissing noise when using my touch. Some songs/videos are less or more noticeable. will apple be able to fix this in a software update?

2. EnTg888 macrumors member

I get a hissing if I'm not playing anything (but it's completely overtaken by music or videos when they're playing). The hissing increases with the volume.
    What concerns me is not so much the hissing, but the fact that the touch is wasting battery power when it's not doing anything. Hopefully it's just software (it should be).

3. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

hissing is miss

unfortunately, hissing will rarely if ever be fixed by a software update. it is a hardware 'flaw' where the amp of other elements are efected by other hardware. usually it comes from dirty circuitry or overpowered components that do not have proper reigns.

i think that maybe this may be due to too many items inside the touch. it has wifi, touch and movie/audio items inside. if it were a simpler machine, these problems would not occur. unfortunately, a simple fw update will not fix this, but rather hardware redo