Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coffeemadmanUK

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
Looking at my storage on my Macbook Pro it states 1.03GB of music and 756MB of images.

I use Spotify for music on my iPhone and have literally no music on my Macbook. I also have deleted all images on my Macbook (including the images that are kept from mail messages).

Where are these images and music located? Tried searching for the common image and music files in Finder and nothing comes up. Nothing in iPhoto or iTunes at all.

I download all my Spotify music on my iPhone for offline listening - could this be being transferred when I back up my iPhone?

ANY help would be great.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Download and use OmniDiskSweeper. It will provide a sorted list of what's consuming your space.

If you run it with sudo (As shown below), it will include some system files that it woud not normally have access to scan. That is a more accurate representation of what's consuming your drive.
Code:
sudo /Applications/OmniDiskSweeper.app/Contents/MacOS/OmniDiskSweeper

Another option is to use this terminal command
sudo du -d 1 -x -c -g /

I prefer to redirect it to a text file (this puts it in your Documents folder
sudo du -d 1 -x -c -g / > ~/Documents/du.txt

Like the sudo /Applications/OmniDiskSweeper.app/Contents/MacOS/OmniDiskSweeper command, it will scan all directories, but produce a text file as opposed to showing the results in a window

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.