Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ComeOnDieYoung

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Many similar threads, not exactly helpful to me.

anyway, Early 08 Mac Pro

Not getting any audio in XP, all apple drivers installed, no audio hardware found by windows.

i just want sound, nothing fancy

give me a hand?
thanks

mkrad

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
Midwest, USA
Realtek driver

Try the Realtek web site or google "realtek high definition driver", I believe it is the same installer for XP and Vista (R186 or something like that)

Regards,

MK

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
Check the sound Settings in Windows Control Panel.

If it doesn't work, my suggestion to you is to download the trial version of Parallels Desktop and give it a try by running your Boot Camp partition on MacOSX via Parallels and see what happens.
________
macintosh games

Last edited:

ComeOnDieYoung

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Try the Realtek web site or google "realtek high definition driver", I believe it is the same installer for XP and Vista (R186 or something like that)

Regards,

MK

i've already done this... the driver doesn't take. Really irritated at this point, even called apple support. Nothing.

mkrad

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
Midwest, USA
My experience was:

1.run the installer first time to uninstall the old driver
2.restart
3.run the installer again to apply the new driver
4.restart

Sorry if you've already done all that - not sure what to do if it still doesn't work

ComeOnDieYoung

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
My experience was:

1.run the installer first time to uninstall the old driver
2.restart
3.run the installer again to apply the new driver
4.restart

Sorry if you've already done all that - not sure what to do if it still doesn't work

i have tried, and re-tried, thanks for trying to help me, but this isn't working.

sketchguy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hmm, I just got my XP up and running tonight with Boot Camp.

Immediately after Windows first booted up, I installed the Apple drivers from Disc 1. Then I ran all the other Windows updates. Hooked up a speaker to the headphone jack and everything sounds great.

On a side note, did ya'll check out that fancy NVidia Control Panel? Pretty Sweet.

-Steve

--

Dual 3.0GHz/12GB/8800GT Early 2008 Xeon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.