Audio-in recording on the 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gugmi01, Jun 30, 2009.

1. gugmi01 macrumors newbie

Hey everyone so I downloaded the new 3.0 firmware recently and noticed the new voice memo feature. I play guitar and record on my computer but I need a way to be able to record the audio and then be able to bring it with me convenietly. I tried plugging my ipod into the computer,with a 2 way audio cord not the ipod data cord, and playing back audio while using the ipod was in the voice memo app but it kept saying there was no microphone found. Is there an app out there that will allow me to record audio through a cord like i am describing. it would be so much more convenient for me whether im trying to record from the computer to share audio later or from my amp. If there isnt an app for this, is there at least a jailbroken hack? thanks in advanced.
    -mikeG
    sorry i meant line-in recording

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Nope. You need an actual microphone somewhere between "recording device" and "audio source". Apple's stereo headset w/ mic works well.

3. gugmi01 thread starter macrumors newbie

lol thats the same thing the apple support told me. there has to be a hack to do this though. i know im not the only one that needs this feature

4. gugmi01 thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone know any cydia apps that can do this or something?

5. liveccam macrumors newbie

Find out what the impedance of the mic should be for the Touch and something about what output level is required from it. I have the Apple earbuds with mic and that uses a four conductor type miniature plug. You would need to identify the microphone "hot" pin on that connector after which you should be able to use it as an input for another mic similiar in specs to the Apple unit.