Audio interface console (app) won't work!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Broc27, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Broc27 macrumors member

Hello there!

I just bought a new Mac Pro and did a clean install of all my apps. Everything seems to be working fine except one thing: my audio interface's console.

I'm using an Audiofire 4 interface, which has little physical controls on it. I've been using its console software on my iMac and on my MacBook Pro to control it. Last night I installed the software from the CD on the Mac Pro and it won't work!

I launch the application from my home folder on my boot disk (SSD). I also tried installing it on the data HDD and still no luck: when I try to launch it it closes immediately. All my macs are on the same version of SN so that shouldn't be the problem.

Anyone has a few ideas? I use my computer a lot for music so this has to work or I may have to return to the iMac...

Thanks in advance!

2. al2o3cr macrumors regular

The first place to look is definitely in Console - most well-behaved apps will at least shriek there when they die. I suspect there's something missing that the app expects, but that's a totally wild guess.

3. Broc27 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help.

I just opened the console for the first time and frankly, I don't know exactly where to look. Most of the data that is identified with a date and time is from yesterday or an hour ago.

Any idea where I should look?

4. Broc27 thread starter macrumors member

Ok, I opened the console and chose the "all messages" tab to see everything and launched the app. Nothing happened. Then I went into the info of the app and checked "open with rosetta" to see what it would do. It crashed again but now I got info in the console:

11-03-07 13:18:20 com.apple.coreservices.uiagent[553] Mon Mar 7 13:18:20 Mac-Pro-de-MacPro-de-Tommy-Bureau.local CoreServicesUIAgent[553] <Notice>: Application failed to launch (id = AudioFire Console, version = Unknown reason = kLSNoRosettaEnvironmentErr)

11-03-07 13:18:20 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[92] ([0x0-0x56056].com.echoaudio.audiofireconsole[551]) Exited with exit code: 2

5. Broc27 thread starter macrumors member

Now the console gives me something when I try to launch the app:

11-03-07 14:48:53 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[99] ([0x0-0x1c01c].com.echoaudio.audiofireconsole[196]) posix_spawn("/Applications/AudioFire Console.app/Contents/MacOS/AudioFire Console", ...): Permission denied

11-03-07 14:48:53 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[99] ([0x0-0x1c01c].com.echoaudio.audiofireconsole[196]) Exited with exit code: 1

6. Fishrrman macrumors G5

Fishrrman

"I just bought a new Mac Pro and did a clean install of all my apps. Everything seems to be working fine except one thing: my audio interface's console.
    I'm using an Audiofire 4 interface, which has little physical controls on it. I've been using its console software on my iMac and on my MacBook Pro to control it. Last night I installed the software from the CD on the Mac Pro and it won't work!"

You mean an _Echo_ AudioFire4, is that correct?

I have an AudioFire8 that I use with my iMac and 10.6.6 without problems.

I'm going to _guess_ that the problems you're having with the Mac Pro are "software-related" and there is no problem with the hardware.

Have you done some very basic "hardware checks" to be sure that things are OK?

Just some suggestions in no particular order:

- Open Apple System Profiler, click "firewire". Does it "show the presence" of the AudioFire4 "on the bus"?

- If so, open AudioMIDI setup. You should see the AudioFire4 in the list in A-M's window. If so, click on it to select it as the input/output device.

- Have you tried using Disk Utility to repair permissions on the Mac Pro?

- I'm not sure whether Echo's "AudioFire Console" app requires Rosetta or not. But the first error message you posted suggests that you do not have Rosetta installed on the Mac Pro. You might do what you have to do to install it and try again.

- Just wondering -- have you tried using the AudioFire4 withOUT installing the Echo software? Can an app like GarageBand see it?

7. Broc27 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Fishrrman...

My computer sees and can use the interface. The only thing that won't work is the software that controls it. Kind of problematic since all controls are in the software; the hardware is minimalistic.

I know I don't need Rosetta because the software is universal and my other 2 computers don't have it and can run the console.

I have just repaired permissions, didn't fix it.

All my programs can use it now; I just have no control over it.

Anything else I can try? Echo is also baffled by this problem.