Audio interface or app to kill auto gain?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by matteusclement, Oct 21, 2011.

1. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

I love shooting video on the iphone 4 but the audio is AWEFUL with that auto gain. Is there a way to either disable it or have a interface that you can use other mics with?

I might die and go to heaven if there is.

An app or hardware solution is fine.

2. xav8tor, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

xav8tor macrumors 6502a

I believe FiLMiC Pro might allow you to control audio levels when shooting video, but I can't say for sure. They temporarily took it down from the App Store today due to an update bug. They say it will be back up in a day or two. It gets rave reviews for its ability to give you much more control over video camera functions. I'm waiting to get the update myself. I hope there is manual audio control too. I know it has a level meter and it doesn't make sense to have one if you can't override the AGC.

3. matteusclement thread starter macrumors 65816

matteusclement

4. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

3 bucks. Not available right now due to bug in ios 5 update. They had an issue with frame rate control too so they temporarily pulled it. Also hopefully they will add 1080p support this update. Like everyone else, they didn't know for sure that was coming until Friday before last. They get great reviews so hang tight. I am looking forward to it too, but not until 1080p. Check out their Facebook page for updated info. Just do a search for FilMic Pro.

5. matteusclement thread starter macrumors 65816

matteusclement

OMG!
    can't wait.
    a $3 solution to my problem.

please keep me posted.

6. xav8tor macrumors 6502a

Nothing new...still not positive about manual control or just metering. Metering makes no sense if you can't control as I said.