Audio Interface

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by inhalexhale1, Oct 31, 2013.

1. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

I create music recreationally, and had a pair of KRK monitors going straight to my MacBook Pro via RCA to stereo. With my new iMac, the same connection is creating nasty feedback. So I figured its time to get an interface. I was hoping you guys could recommend an inexpensive, but decent option. Thanks!

2. woeiskevin macrumors member

woeiskevin

Do you have a budget for how much you wanna spend on one?

3. inhalexhale1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

In your price range, for ~$150, the Mackie Onyx Blackjack would be hard to beat on specs and features.

I've been using one for 2+ years without a hitch, under Windows, OS X, and Linux. TRS in/out, excellent mic preamps, and separate volume controls for headphones and monitor speakers.

SOS review

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

The Presonus "audio box". It is the same thing really. There are many good products at about $150.

Sometimes where the controls are located matters. I needed the headphone jack on the front and I could not use a box if any controls where on the top surface. So think about how you will use this and store and transport it.

6. woeiskevin macrumors member

woeiskevin

Also look at the focusrite scarlett 2i2. always hear good things about it

7. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

I've used Presonus interfaces, and yes, they're very nice, but I prefer the preamps in the Onyx. They're cleaner than than anything I've tried in the <$200 price range.

8. fastlanephil macrumors 6502a

fastlanephil

Why are you getting feedback with the iMac and not with the MacBook Pro. Maybe you can correct this problem without spending money on an audio interface. Maybe.

9. koban4max macrumors 68000