Audio issues - Touch bar 15" MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gianthobbit, Dec 11, 2016.

1. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

Had my new Mac maybe 2 weeks and I can tell there is something odd going on with the audio. It is quite hard to explain exactly.

When I am listening to something and if there is a pause in the audio stream (i.e. break beteeen audio notes) there is a small pop like sound. I get this out of the speakers and also out of any wired headsets.

The problem is even worse on BlueTooth were the popping seems to connect and reconnect the BT signal causing some large audio gaps. Again tried multiple headsets. Overall BT audio quality is horrible.

A part of me was hoping it was a software issue and hoping an update would fix it. Hate to have to turn in a new machine if it's hardware related - can't go without it for even a few days (work).

Anyone else having similar issues?

2. pkmonockus macrumors newbie

pkmonockus

Did you solve this? I'm having the same issue too.

3. Pearchance macrumors newbie

Pearchance

I have a similar problem. I hear a random knock or pop when listening to music through iTunes or the web browser. It can occur twice a second or once every few minutes, totally random. The volume of the noise seems to vary randomly too.
    I will contact Apple to get their advice on the matter. This is my 2nd MBP 15 touch bar. The first pre-ordered unit arrived November 16th and the battery quit after a month. The 2nd, and current unit was delivered February 8th.