Audio issues with AirPlay & Netflix (ATV3)

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by KeegM480, Jan 13, 2014.

1. KeegM480 macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

So my first issue is with Airplay, this issue and the issue with Netflix both happened on the same day.

AirPlay Issue:
    I can't seem to get my music to stream from my iPhone to my Apple TV unless I enable mirroring, not a big issue, but a little frustrating due to the battery life. (The Audio will not play, it shows the song is playing but doesn't send any audio to the speakers)

Netflix Issue:
    I am not getting any audio from TV Shows/Movies on Netflix, yes I have audio with iTunes radio, The click noises, all of that stuff, but not Netflix.

So not quite sure why, Apple wants to blame my sound bar and/or Optical cable, even though everything was working for a while... I have tried 16bit audio, no dolby, any ideas?

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

iPhone, probably a wonky WiFi router or the jailbreak.

Netflix on the AppleTV is it jailbroken? Old firmware, DNS redirector? Is it wired or WiFi (always run wired Ethernet if you can). Most likely your stereo can't decode it, try changing the Dolby settings on the ATV.

3. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Running Ethernet, Haven't installed anything on the iPhone to make it not work (it has always worked jailbroken and randomly stopped), the Apple TV is not jailbroken

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Jailbreaks can and often do break something in the OS. Easy enough to do a DFU restore and see if the problem resolves itself. Then apply the jailbreak see if the problem re-appears.

As for the ATV play with the Dolby settings. It's also possible your sound bar is having problems.

What make model is your router, anything from an ISP in the UK seems to be utter crap.

5. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

Netgear something, extremely high end router, I'm confused simply because one day everything was working the next it wasn't

6. MFL2012 macrumors member

Since everything was working before, have you tried something as simple as unplugging the ATV for a minute and then plugging it back in. This solves a lot of problems.

7. KeegM480 thread starter macrumors 6502a

KeegM480

nope, ill try that :)