Audio Issues With MBP 15.4" 6,2.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sa.ad, Apr 19, 2013.

1. sa.ad macrumors newbie

I have a 15,4" MBP 6,2 with OSX Lion installed on it, It was working fine until this morning audio from audio output got broken( by broken i mean like Audio CDs used to get when not clean) there is audio but it's broken(kinda) . But it works perfectly with internal speaker.
    What can i do to fix it? thanks.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You might try to insert the plug better, if it is not seated well you can get issues like you have.
    Or your external Audio if messed up.
    Try with a different external first to see if the problem is the Mac or the external.

3. sa.ad thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the reply.
    My headphone is working with other devices, And i've tried other headphones too and they're all having the same result.
    I've reset Vram(cmd+option+p+r) and SMC.

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Ah, I think I know what you mean, if this is the case it is or the Software you use but I don't think so, or HW problems or a problem with the audio drivers.

First thing to do is try both of these.

1.Make a new User Account, logout and into the new one once, let it run for a minute or so then restart and login into that account again, problem gone you have issues in your normal User Account.

2. Shutdown, then startup while holding the Shift key, hold it until the Apple logo appears, this will result in a safe boot, now login into your normal account, is it gone or not?

5. sa.ad thread starter macrumors newbie

I did safe boot, and now it says in the "Sound" in "System Preferences", No Output devices found.

6. sa.ad thread starter macrumors newbie

I did safe boot, and now it says in the "Sound" in "System Preferences", No Output devices found.
    Then i restarted again but this time without safe boot and all is back to where it was.

7. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Where it was with the same problem?

What about a new account?

8. sa.ad thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes Creating new account didn't do anything to the problem, Do you think installing "Mountain Lion" will help?

9. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You could first try to install the original OS on an external disk, like a USB stick (Min. 8 GB) and see if the problems are gone.
    But before this you could run Apple Hardware Test and see if any Errors show up.

Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test

10. sa.ad thread starter macrumors newbie

I installed OSX mountain lion, There is one thing that happened, If i change balance in the output section, right or left i can hear with (almost) no problem but there are no audio when i set it in center.
    I ran the test i got no errors.

11. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Is it a 100% clean OS Install or did you use Migration Assistant or TimeMachine to import your data?
    I ask this because if it is clean this should not happen, but if you imported your data it might have imported something you installed before, like a plug-in.

12. sa.ad thread starter macrumors newbie

No, I just updated it. Does a clean install removes all my current data in the hard disk?