Audio Jack.....The mess has continued....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jgrobelny01, Dec 1, 2010.

1. jgrobelny01 macrumors newbie

Alright so heres what has happened. i received a mac book pro with the headphones broke off inside....i tried multiple ways of getting it out finally i went from the inside and got it out but when the jack came out a piece of glass came with it....(optical sensor i think) now i still have no sound....so now i really need to know is there anyway to get this thing to play sound through the internal speakers?

2. aimbdd macrumors 6502a

Posting a THIRD time isn't going to help... You already have your answer.

3. croooow, Dec 1, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010

croooow macrumors 65816

croooow

Take it to apple care and have them replace the logic board, it's only $700.

4. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

5. evilali11 macrumors newbie

Hi mate, im having exactly the same problem, the flimsy optical connector snapped inside my headphone port, now i have no sound at all, have you had any luck yet? how did you get the laptop apart to get to the broken part out?

6. samk8000 macrumors regular

samk8000

7. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

I agree with the above posts. My recollection is that the audio jack is part of the logic board of the computer. I don't think that it is a separate, individual repair. I think that the entire logic board will need replacement, which is quite expensive. The quote above of $700 is quite inexpensive- I have seen quotes from the Apple store in excess of 1k.

BTW, how did your friend break off the headphone jack inside of the laptop?