audio keeps fading on iphoto / idvd slideshows

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by braeburn22, Jul 2, 2009.

1. braeburn22 macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've created a slideshow in iphoto with about four mp3 songs from my itunes list playing in the background. The songs play find when I view the slideshow in iphoto. However, when I send the slideshow to idvd and burn the DVD the each song fades off to silence way too early! It's not an idvd issue, because when I preview the DVD before burning it, the audio does the same thing.

I've tried changing the mp3 to m4a, still same fade. I've also tried making them one track in Audacity, still same fade. I don't know what to do to fix it?

This is done with iphoto 09 with the latest update on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.7.

2. mmbrown86 macrumors newbie

Same Audio Fade Problem with iPhoto / iDVD

braeburn22....I have been having the same problem you listed. I see you posted over 3 months ago. Any resolution to the problem that you are aware of? I tried just doing the slideshow in iDVD with the same/similar settings, but the quality of the burned DVD is really poor, even with the Professional Encoding setting. I really like the iPhoto slideshow quality...have you tried to do this without the Fit Slideshow To Audio? I guess that's my next step.

3. slideshowmaster macrumors newbie

premature audio fade in slideshow

I have had this same premature audion fade problem with the music to which I set my slideshow. When I previewed it in iPhoto and iDVD the audio was fine. This was not a problem in previous versions of the software. Very frustrating and annoying. I hope someone can find a solution.