Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
About a month ago, I installed Windows 10 on my 2020 iMac. Everything works fine except for the audio. Every 24 hours after a reboot, the audio starting to have an half a second delay. Its enough to be very irritating, especially for gaming. Everything is up to date and Windows itselft is pretty clean with only steam and some games are installed on it (except initial MS stuff). The strange part is if I do nothing, the audio seems to go back to normal 3 days after the problem started, but if I reboot the computer, everything will work fine again and then 1 day later, the problem will come back. I already unchecked every enhancements in advanced audio settings with no luck. Bootcamp and Windows are both up to date.

Anyone else can help me on this?

SoYoung

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 3, 2015
21.5-inch or 27-inch? If it's the latter, see this.
its the 27'. Very interresting stuff. I'm not an expert, but from what I've read, this issue with the T2 security chip is the problem causing my audio latency? Is there a temporary fix I can do to re-sync audio without rebooting the computer each time?

tinygoblin

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2022
There's no cure for this bug as far I know and I tried just about everything. When I run Boot Camp from an external SSD on my T2-equipped 2020 16-inch MacBook Pro I don't experience random delay, however I get awful sound distortion that won't go away until I reboot the computer (I attach a video recording). Do you run Boot Camp from internal or external SSD? Do you use any external USB devices except built-in ones? Have you tried turning off time sync in Boot Camp (T2 security chip is always silently calling home to sync something AFAIK)?

P.S. I would be happy if you contributed some data to paged pool memory leak thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.