Audio messages sent through Messages app showing up twice

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by s2mike, Dec 22, 2015.

1. s2mike macrumors 6502

I believe this issue has been present since iOS 8, but I personally didn't experience it until iOS 9.

My friends and I often use the Messages app to send voice messages. For some reason, I receive the first voice message as a proper iMessage...but then the same message shows up again a few minutes later as an SMS message.

I believe it may have something to do with Text Message Forwarding on my iMac, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Chacocliff macrumors regular

I am having the same problem. Im not sure what the problem is, but it is annoying.

3. s2mike thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you happen to have a Mac with Text Message Forwarding enabled?

4. Chacocliff macrumors regular

No I don't, just my iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. I am running an experiment with the receive options under the messages app. It seems that if I choose an multiple emails that are on my phone, it is making the messages come thru twice.

5. s2mike thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I didn't understand the post. What's the connection with emails?

6. Chacocliff macrumors regular

There is an option for text messages to select what email address or phone number the messages are sent from. I had it selected to the three different email address on my phone as well as my phone number. I set it to send and receive just from my phone number to see if that was the cause of the duplication.

7. s2mike thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah. Mine is set to send/receive from my phone number only and I still get duplicates.

How did your testing go?