Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zowenso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
MA
Hello. I picked up a 2010 mac mini this past week and im really enjoying it, despite the learning curve.

Im noticing some clicking coming through my speakers that i never heard when they were hooked up to my PC. I actually brought a set home from work and they are doing the same. It almost sounds like they are picking up sounds from the mac mini, is that possible? The 2 sets i tested are very low end, one dell, the other, harmon/kardon. The sound clicking is worse on the HK set but i did notice the power of the dell was far less superior so i couldnt really crank them up. When i have the HK set on and the volume somewhat high, i can really hear this clicking. It reminds me of the sound i get when i put my cell phone near my guitar amp if anyone is familiar with that. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any feedback would be great. Also, the dell speakers were usb powered and the HK set is outlet powered. Thanks for your feedback.

Also, is there a way i can see just my posts so i dont have to try and remember where i posted? Thanks!

fa8362

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2008
Sounds like electrical interference. Look carefully at what's near your Mini and move some things around.

zowenso

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2011
MA
Killer! My modem was right beside the speaker with the volume/power. I picked it up and the sound went away. Thanks for the quick, expert advise. Super appreciated. Owen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.