Audio not working with 10.5.8!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by roxasora19, Aug 18, 2009.

1. roxasora19 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone!
    I'm kind of new to the Mac scene, so I need a little bit of help from some of you.

I just finished installing iATKOS v7 (10.5.7) and then installed the software update, all with success. (So now my system is 10.5.8)

The thing is, my audio doesn't seem to be working.
    Here's the thing though... I don't know what kind of audio driver I have. ):

I even went to System Profiler but it tells me I have no built-in audio, and neither does System Preferences.

Does anyone know a way to detect what kind of sound driver you're using, so that I can find the drivers/kext for it?

If not, any Terminal commands or any other ways I can get this to be fixed?
    Please, I'm very desperate and can't find a solution.
    Thanks to any of those who decide to help!

2. dusk31 macrumors newbie

If you
    1. select the Apple in the top left side
    2. About This Mac
    3. More Info
    4. On the left hand side list you will find Audio. Select that and it will tell you the sound card that's installed.

Hope it helps.
    :eek:

3. nanchinmr macrumors newbie

Same Problem

I have the same problem, and I am a new mac guy. So please, if you got a solution, help me. I went to the apple icon and got a name, " Intel High Definition Audio" . Please help!!! thanks a lot

4. nanchinmr macrumors newbie

no sound after update to os 10.5.8

Man pleasel, help me.
    I did what you said to do. after the step 4 I got a name " Intel High Definition Audio" . I am new in the mac world and I am crazy without sound.
    Thanks a lot

5. tarl macrumors newbie

What Mac?

What model Mac do you have? I had a similar problem with my MacBook. It was fixed by plugging in a set of headphones and then unplugging them.