Audio (or headphones) make shuffling sound

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AnrBjotk, Sep 17, 2015.

1. AnrBjotk macrumors regular

So, with no audio, there's this shuffling sound from my mac. It's coming from the audio source, meaning I hear it in my headphones, or plugs, or whatever. Any idea what it can be? Bad connection or something really bad?...

2. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

Does sound like the headphone jack's on its way out, but you can try reset the PRAM/SMC to see if that makes a positive impact.

Do you still have AppleCare?

3. AnrBjotk thread starter macrumors regular

Darnit... No applecare, old mac.

4. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

:( I'm sorry to hear that. As a workaround you can possibly try purchasing a USB>audio splitter so it doesn't exhibit the same issue. Hopefully others have some more suggestions. What model/year is your Mac please? Due to its age we can run a few other diagnostics while we're here to identify any other problems.

5. AnrBjotk thread starter macrumors regular

MacBook Pro 17" Late 2011.

6. keysofanxiety macrumors G3

keysofanxiety

This might sound odd, but have you had any issues with the monitor going colourful/freezing, synonymous with the below images?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The reason being that if you've had issues with that (colloquially known as Radeongate), you can get that fixed free-of-charge through your consumer law, as your model suffers from that -- and the repair would involve replacing your Logic Board, which in turn would fix the audio jack!