Audio out of sync and converting MKV to AVI/DVD

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Sea Bee, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Sea Bee macrumors newbie

I have a few files downloaded from ZML.com, a video download site - absent any meaningful tech support (they also over charged me when I joined and ripped me off for 3 movies that don't work).

Several videos were downloaded as DVD and DivX Files and seem to have no problem on my computer, but the audio on a few goes out of sync once burned to a DVD and played on a very new Panasonic DVD-r Combo. The latter problem seems to happen after the DVD has been playing for a while. Maybe an hour or less.

ZML has been unwilling to explain why and I'm wondering if anybody here might have any idea how I could fix it - if possible?

I'm also trying to figure out what to do with my MKV HiDef downloads. My G4 1.25Ghz MDD Mac cannot play them. One is over 8G and another over 6G. So what I need to do is convert them to something I can play on my computer and burn to DVD to play on my teevee?

I can see that MKVtools is an application to covert the MKV, but does that also convert the file from a HiDef to something else?

Thanks.

2. ba-dice macrumors newbie

I am still working on how to make the audio on mkv files to be in sync. But I do have an answer on how to play the hi-rez movies

VLC or Miro. Those are the two players I use for all my blu-ray movies, i convert to .mkv

Hope this helps