Audio out of Sync when Full Screen on Chrome

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by celticfc482, Jan 5, 2013.

1. celticfc482 macrumors member

I am having a problem with Chrome. Whenever I watch a video the audio is fine but as soon as I click full screen it stutters a bit then audio becomes out of sync, this happens with most videos and doesn't happen on Safari. Has anyone got any ideas why this may be happening. It is on Chrome Canary.

Thanks

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

The best I can say is make sure your running the latest OSX update, make sure all your drivers are updated, and lastly, make sure Chrome is updated, too. Because you said it only happens on Chrome and not other browsers (Safari), it's most likely an issue on Chrome's side (meaning a glitch/bug that will only go away once Google addresses it).

3. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

Everything is up to date, it does seem to be a problem with chrome though, does anyone else have this issue?

4. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

On the address bar in Chrome write 'chrome:plugins' (without the 's). Search for Adobe Flash Player and you'll see two Flash plugins right below it. Disable the one that says 'PepperFlashPlayer.plugin' at the end. Restart Chrome. Test again. Leave feedback.

5. celticfc482 thread starter macrumors member

Seems to have worked, thanks, can you explain what was wrong and why that fixed it if you know?

6. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Sounds like something to do with Flash Player. Flash is always lagging down systems and causing problems (there's a reason why Apple supports HTML5 > Flash).

7. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

Yes, it is due to flash issues. Flash was always something buggy and with some incompatibilities. I never understood how such thing got so mainstream or at least how Adobe never really tried hard to solve all the existent issues. Anyway, it is coming to an end since HTML5 is there so it's something we won't need to worry about sooner or later :)

8. stuttboksa macrumors newbie

I've done what's instructed here but I can't find the PepperFlashPlayer.plugin. Am I looking at the wrong place?

9. dastinger macrumors 6502a

dastinger

When you enter the plugins page on Chrome, look for '+ Details' on the right hand side. Click it and then look for PepperFlash. You'll notice that there is a location for every plugin. It's on the location that you find which Flash plugin it is:

10. jvandemerwe macrumors newbie

jvandemerwe

Try a different resolution on your TV

I have the same problem here, but I have found a (unsatisfying) solution. I have a Macbook Pro from 2009 with an Nvidia 8600M GT (256Mb) graphics card and 4Gb internal memory. I have connected this with the DVI to HDMI connector to my full-hd TV. The cover of the laptop is closed and uses the ZZZ... tool to blank the display.

Well, if I play with Google Chrome my favorite TV programs (which use flash player) the sound is not in sync and the video is stuttering. It is not the bandwidth (45Mb) but it is in my opinion that the graphics card is not powerful enough to process the rendering. I have lowered the resolution of my TV to 720P and since then the sound is in sync and video is working well too.

With VLC player it is with my Mac impossible to play Blueray 1080p video. Unfortunately I can't change the graphics cards.

So try it again with a lower resolution and see if your problem still exists.