Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thepianoman190

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2012
Hey ya'll,

Basically I have a set of external speakers (Insignia) for my Macbook Pro. The problem is that I also have my Korg Synthesizer running through these speakers as well so the speaker labeled "RIGHT" (which as the aux input) needs to be on the LEFT side of my desk so the patch cable can reach from the keyboard to the speaker. Obviously, this causes the sound to be flipped... which really bugs me.

I read a post earlier about how to change the output for speakers in Audio MIDI Setup. I did that and it did flip the sound that the computer was producing (i.e, when I click "RIGHT" the noise comes from the speaker on the right side of my desk...) But, when I listen to music (in iTunes and online), the audio is not flipped. (In Pink Floyd's song, "Wish You Were Here" the guitar starts in the RIGHT channel, but it's still coming out of RIGHT speaker, which is on the left side of my desk. Ultimately, I want the guitar part to come out of the LEFT speaker, which is on the right side of my desk.)

HOW DO I DO THAT?

Let me know if I need to explain more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.