Audio people. Dj Software??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ankitsid, Sep 30, 2008.

1. ankitsid macrumors member

alright so im basically for sure going to switch over to a mac..probably the new macbook..

i was wondering what are some good "dj" software.
    like ive been using pcdj on my windows laptop
    im looking for something like that

so?

2. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

3. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Rane Serato is the BEST in the DJ business. No drop outs and any current Mac can run it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. hwojtek macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

This is a massive hardware/software combo, not "software" per se...

5. wgr73 macrumors 6502a

wgr73

The funny thing is that when I was in vegas this past weekend...EVERY club we went to (like 12!!) EVERY SINGLE DJ HAD A MAC AND WAS USING SERATO!! That should tell you something! DJ am trax is right:cool:

6. ankitsid thread starter macrumors member

im still what i would call a noob to djing
    so far ive just done little parties here and there about 5 grad parties and 2 weddings..but family usually
    so i wouldnt be able to go and get a whole set with hardware too
    i mean this is something that i am REALLY interested in doing..but i dont have really anyone to teach me anything about it in detail ya kno?

so thats why right now im just looking at software..hardware will come later.. once i rack up some money towards djing..im using the money i make from djing to my dj stuff..none of what i would say "personal" money
    if that makes any sense..

but yeah software..?
    thanks guys im gonna keep researching and hopefully one day ill be good enough to be able to do a lot more..

oh one more question..does anyone here do this for a "living" or is it just a hobby?
    ALSO..does any of this software have an auto function..somthing that will just keep my playlist going for those times i need to run and do something?

7. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

8. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

serato seems to be the standard.

you can try scratch live software without the hardware but you can't do much. you really do need to make that large initial investment, then continually update music

9. Macchino macrumors regular

Well... I would say that Serato is the best for 12" djs and traktor for cdjs... Traktor supports up to four decks at a time wich is pretty nice for trowing in some accapelas and such...

Anyway, for your needs, just buy the traktor software, and take it from there;-)

10. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

11. paul2241 macrumors newbie

I use a Rane TTM-57 Mixer with Serato and effects built in, obvously scratchLive, and a 2.4 ghz white macbook 2 gb of ram, 160 gb HDD... This is the only time I've ever incorperated my computer with any of my DJ and recording, and I couldn't be happier with the results. You still can't take away my standalone multitrackers, and samplers though... NEVER!!!!! If you're really djing with turntables serato is the way to go, you don't have to get the 57, but if you're shopping for a mixer you might as well get it now, as you'll end up with a rane mixer anyway. Anyone feel free to pm me if you have any questions about this kind of stuff, I love talking about it!

By the way I use technics 1200 MKII with shure M44-7 needles