Audio Playback + iPhone syncing

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by hikarie, Dec 17, 2014.

1. hikarie macrumors newbie

I recently switched over from a PC to a macbook pro, but previously I was running Media Monkey for audio playback. That was actually very convenient because it played the formats I needed (FLAC + MP3s) and I could sync my playlists in Media Monkey directly to my iPhone, even the FLAC files (which I assume it converted first).

Is there anything similar for iOS? I downloaded VOX and while that works pretty well for playing my music, I don't see any options to sync to my phone.

Any suggestions?

2. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

J River Media will probably do what you want. There is a charge for their software, though.

3. hikarie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I don't mind paying for things I use often. I did some research, looks like it does what I want functionally, is the software good?

4. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

I have the software on a PC and it is very flexible. Many audiophiles like it for its features. I mainly use iTunes on a Mac for convenience ( I converted Flac to Alac using Foobar on a PC) but J River would be my second choice.

I also use Fidelia on the Mac for its fantastic headphone features, but I am not sure that you can sync to an iPhone, but you might want to research it.