Audio playing only on headphones, "Accessory not optimized.."

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Fast/Furious, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Fast/Furious macrumors regular

Fast/Furious

Hey guys,

Image 1: Yesterday I kept getting the "This accessory is not optimized with your iPhone" alert.

[​IMG]

Images 2 + 3: Figured it was moisture from the humid weather + rain so I kept her in a bag of rice for 12 hours. Then I tried again and I still get the alert. Volume bar disappears when there are no headphones plugged in but reappear and plays music just fine when my headphones are in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speaker isn't broken since ringtones + SMS alerts still go off fine. I cleaned the dock connector with isopropyl and an old toothbrush, still same problem. I don't think the Dock Connector itself is broken since it still charges from USB as well as the AC charger. I'll try taking it to the Apple Store tomorrow but since I'm out of warranty by 3 days I doubt they'll replace or fix my phone. Any help is greatly appreciated ):

2. NicoleRichie macrumors 6502

I am having the same thing happen. The only moisture that it has been in contact with is the humidity.