Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macsox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Rather bizarre problem that I can not find out how to resolve.

I've just done a fresh re-install of 10.6 onto a white 2007 Macbook. Randomly when I wake the macbook from sleep it will start playing music (the same song).

The problem is I can not tell what is causing this song to play, there are no programs running at wake up.

Any one have any ideas what may be causing this?

BrianKonarsMac

macrumors 65816
Apr 28, 2004
I used to do this on my windows computers by just replacing the start up sound file with another sound file, in the same directory under the same name as the original (with the original backed up elsewhere).

Totally out of left field, but you might want to look into that as a first step.

macsox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Totally out of left field, but you might want to look into that as a first step.

I had though of that but could not find any where that you can set a sound on wake up (opening lid on macbook), any suggestion on where to look?

macsox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
As expected, it was stupidly simple once I found it :eek: . Thunderbird somehow decided to use a song, instead of the system sound when it had new email.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.