Audio plugins question for PC to MAC conversion!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by coocooforcocoap, Oct 25, 2007.

1. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Hi all, we are converting a protools workstation from a pc running XT to a new aluminum imac:apple: and i have a questions about all the plugins we use in protools:

WAVES, URS, Bomb Factory, Guitar Rig, the list goes on to dozens more.

We do have the protools program in OSX & XP but i don't know what to say to the boys about the plugs. Can they be just moved to the appropriate plugin dir in protools or do we need to go to each of these providers and get a mac installer for them? The latter solution will take a very long time, and we want to replace the XT box asap! thanks....

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I don't know about those particular plugins, but I have a ProTools LE / mbox2 bundle that came with a disk full of plugins. The disk contains installers for both Mac and Windows for each plugin.

3. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

thanks, we have LE too built into a console with mixer and compressors. i noticed that some of these disks do have both installers and some don't...they are just XP...maybe it's a good time to upgrade everything and start fresh. i was wondering specifically if you can just take all the XP installed plugins and move them into the plugins folder of protools in osx...i suspect some u can, and some u cant....