audio popping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Afbar1114, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

I have a late 2011 MBP. when i have headphones in i hear a popping sound while playing music and even when nothing is playing at all. i tried looking for the issue but every thing is related to the rMBP. any fixes or do i need to bring it back to apple?

2. Ves macrumors member

Ves

I have the same issues on my MBP Mid 2012. Though it seems to be limited to when I'm on Google+ for now.

3. kuanyu24 macrumors newbie

kuanyu24

Hey guys, I seem to be having the same problem though I'm using a MBA (MacBook Air) June 2013 model.
    I am very surprised to hear that there's this popping sound! Sooo annoying.
    I'm not sure how yours occurs, for me it happens when I'm using the MBA speakers, when I plugged earphones in via the headphone jack (Analog) and also even if I use the sound from HDMI (MBA's thunderbolt to HDMI and then from HDMI device to output the sound).
    All those 3 methods for me reproduces the popping sound.

It's not consistent either so I can't just reproduce it, even though it does happen like ALL the time (Regardless if I'm watching a video from internet or from a file on my harddrive).

I've taken my MBA into Apple a couple of weeks ago for another issue (Wifi adapter issue) and told them about this problem so they said they will just replace the speakers. After replacement it's still causing the same problem, so I believe it's not an issue related to the actual speakers (At least for me).
    It seems to be either a software problem or another hardware that is causing this issue :(

If you guys find a solution please post here :)

4. kuanyu24 macrumors newbie

kuanyu24

Fixed!

Hey,

For those who stumble to this thread with the same problems.
    For me I managed to fix it.

It was an easy fix!

What happened with my MBA is that, when I installed everything I installed Chrome and I didn't install the dedicated Adobe Flash (Because Chrome already has Flash built-in to the browser).
    So for me, the popping and static sounds were coming mainly when I had my browser open (So when YouTubing, surfing other sites that has flash and sound etc.).

The way to fix it is to disable the flash in Chrome and install Adobe's Flash and then VOILA! It works :)

To disable Chrome's Flash, follow this link.
    Once you've disabled your Chrome's Flash, go to a YouTube video.
    It will then ask you to install flash, click on the links provided and it will take you Adobe's site. Then download it.
    Once downloaded and installed you will have to restart your laptop (If you don't it won't work).
    Once restarted, it shouldn't pop or crackle anymore :D