Audio pops

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Tech198, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

When dealing with audio and recording in other app for example, or for that matter any internal recorcing, why does the result is always cracking/popping (some worse then others depending on the app used), I assume in this case its the app because if i play the same track in iTues the start oof it is fine, however using other software (the bassy part is always a bit distorted)

it does not happen to all files and only a few, but why does it happen ? I assume if i use Windows i won't have this issue, so its something Apple does. (probably deliberate)

The files, are my local files in iTunes, and affected files play fine at the start,,, clean audio, but for some reason there is a slight pop when converting and th resulting file is messed up.

This is not converting vie itunes, but converting via external software. using the legacy xml.

I don't thinks its this option though, as the same thing happens recording anything.

I know u can use apps like Soundflower (not very good), or paid version of (can't remember name), but why does it happen in the first place?

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the symptom you describe sounds like a clock mismatch. if you're playing iTunes songs in another program, ensure that program has its clock set to 44.1 kHz.