Audio port problems MacBook Pro 13 late09

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jamesr19, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jamesr19 macrumors 6502

So I recently wiped my hardrive and reinstalled everything again (laptop became fast again :) ) but one of the problems i have only just noticed (28dec) is that the audio port had stopped working. It is selectively choosing whether to output audio through the port or the internal speakers. By this i mean that it will output audio through headphones (I have only tested with 3pin (e.g. iPhone) ones as this is all i have) but it refuses to work with a standard audio cable to my speakers (multiple cables tested).

I have identified that it is a Mac software problem as the audio works fine in Windows 7 (bootcamp). There has been little help online, but has anyone had this problem or have ideas to resolve it (I dont really want to re intall everything again!!)

Thanks!

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Have you downloaded all the updates? If you have and the problem is still there try putting the Snow Leopard install dvd back in and install it on the drive, it wont erase anything and should redo all system files.

3. jamesr19 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have just done what you said (before i created the thread) but it didnt resolve the problem :s the only problem it did cause was software update just crashes!! haha. the peculiar thing is if i boot off an external HD with Mac installed that works fine!

The only stuff that i've installed that didnt used to be on the system is DockSpaces, Hyperdock and Maya 2010 but i wouldnt image these could have an effect on the audio output