Audio problem when cutting clips from a video in Quicktime

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Sensamic, May 24, 2012.

1. Sensamic, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012

Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hey everyone.

Ive been having a strange problem with Quicktime in the last weeks. I usually cut scenes or clips from a video using the programs export option. When the file is exported to my desktop the audio is always bad. The syncing is bad but the audio can't be heard correctly either.

Ive tried downloading new updates to the video codecs plus changing audio settings in preferences and nothing works.

What can I do?

Do you guys know a program that can cut scenes from videos and edit them which is free?

Thanks.

2. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Edit only uncompressed video/audio streams and/or use a demuxer to demux the streams, before you edit them.

Sometimes i need only one scene, not the entire movie. I use AviSynth, VirtualDub and a few AviSynth plugins under Windows, if i edit MP4 or MKV files. A virtual machine (VM) is sufficient, even for 1080p. A muxer like MKVtoolnix can mux the edited streams.

More info:
    http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/344530-Mux-audio-with-video-on-the-Mac

3. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

I like using MPEGStreamClip. It'll cut up video clips in a lot of different formats. I've not had any problems with audio. I've trimmed all sorts of compressed files. MPEG-2, h264, MPEG-4, etc.

Note - working with MPEG-2 files requires the use of the Apple MPEG-2 QT component ($20).

4. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you! Tried that program and its great. Just what I needed :D:D:D